[lro] Rochester Carb Installation

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 11:33:17 EST

    Well, I bought my hy Series III 109 SW in December and have been in the
    planning stages to be ready to tackle projects when it warms up in spring.
    But, since I have the week off I decided to dive into my first project today
    (in the bitter cold...I must be a Land Rover owner!)

    I've removed my Zenith carb and am all set to install a Rochester. But, I've
    got a few questions...

    My Zenith has two vacuum ports at its base. One goes to the vacuum advance
    on the dizzy, the other goes to the PCV. The Rochester only has one vacuum
    port at the base. My assumption is to use a "T fitting" to reattach the two
    hoses onto the base of the Rochester. Is this sound?

    Second, I've always wondered where the "port" on the crankcase cap should be
    hooked up to. It looks like it should have a hose connected to it. My PCV
    hose attaches to the oil filler tube (about half way down).

    Any clarification will help. I don't have my Green Bible handy at the
    moment. (And it won't help with the Rochester carb anyway!)

    Thanks,

    Paul Schultz
    pschultz@vcmails.com