[lro] LWB Series III or IIa?

From: John (johng@kiltfart.org)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 10:11:20 EST

    Hello all. I've been sitting in the background on this list for a bit
    trying to get a sense of all things that are Land Rover related. I've been
    sizing up vehicles for the last couple of months on and off and although my
    heart is set on getting an early '80s 110 Defender, my wallet says I should
    be looking for a SIII or SIIa 109. I understand the general mechanicals of
    these beasts (pros/cons on suspension, gearbox etc. between the Series and
    the Defender) but if I have my choice of a LWB SIII or a LWB SIIa what are
    the upsides/faults of either one? I'm finding these to be the more
    accessable vehicle to purchase.

    Thanks for your comments in advance.

    John
    Calgary, Alberta