Re: [lro] Stuff the ballot box!

From: Ian Stuart (Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 09:55:13 EST

    On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 14:56, Kirk Hillman wrote:

    > I'm not up to date on computers but what the heck are they using to
    > identify my computer on this site? They only let you vote once, which makes
    > sense, but how they heck do they know it's me??? My cookies are turned off
    > and all the other controls require a prompt... weird.
    Your computer presents it's IP number and (internt) name the servers...
    the server just remembers the ones that have visited.

    See http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/cgi-bin/printenv to see who (one of) my
    server thinks you are....

    --
    --==++
    Ian Stuart, PerlLaghu: Edinburgh University Data Library.

    Information is not knowledge Knowledge is not wisdom Wisdom is not truth Truth is not beauty Beauty is not love Love is not music -- Mary.