Re: [lro] Vacuum Pump/Braking system

From: Winn Bearden (wbearden@americus.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 08:22:52 EST

    On U.S. diesel trucks, all the vacuum pump does is the brake booster, Cruise
    control, and HVAC. The Fords used a belt driven pump, the GM's used a pump
    mounted where the distributor would go. My 200 Tdi is like that. It has a
    cam driven pump mounted where the dizzy used to be (the 200Tdi block is set
    up just like the old 2.25 lump).

    Winn