Re: [lro] Vacuum Pump/Braking system

From: Peter Hope (peterhope@charter.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 21:30:25 EST

    > On U.S. diesel trucks, all the vacuum pump does is the brake booster,
    Cruise
    > control, and HVAC. The Fords used a belt driven pump, the GM's used a
    pump
    > mounted where the distributor would go.

    GM 6.2 and 6.5 diesels use a hydraulic boosted power cylinder for the
    brakes. They run off the power steering pump and work so much better then
    any vacuum assist I have run accross. There is a company in CA that is
    selling a Hydroboost conversion kit for jeeps that uses these same GM parts.
    Pete