Re: [lro] Forward control question

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 20:53:37 EST

    > JL, this may sound like a dumb question considering all the
    > thought you've put into this, but have you considered
    > sleeving the Rover casings?

    Yep, the current axle's got a truss on the bottom, spanning the long side.
    It works, but I'd be a little happier with a thicker tube. The U bolts make
    it difficult to have a good, long truss spanning the entire axle. I'm
    worried about the case flexing in the middle though as the area between the
    pass side spring perch and the axle tube is very hard to stiffen up
    adequately. Good call, Al, a sleeve might be the answer to the flexion
    problem.

    J-L