Re: [lro] Forward control question

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 20:31:48 EST

    JL, this may sound like a dumb question considering all the
    thought you've put into this, but have you considered
    sleeving the Rover casings?

    Seems to me I've seen this done on comp safari vehicles in
    the UK for the reasons you describe (bent casings in
    high-stress situations). Come to think of it, i'm sure I
    have seen this.

    Combine a sleeved casing with an under-case brace (as was
    done on later Series vehicles) and it seems to me that you
    have a simple, direct, moderately inexpensive way to get
    out of this issue. let's face it, you ain't gonna break the
    swivel ball itself - but the axle tubes.

               ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com