RE: [lro] Installing a Weber on an SII

From: Matthew Riley (mriley@daowen.co.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 08:00:32 EST

    Are we talking about the single-barrel Weber that's available as a direct
    bolt-on replacement (I forget the type number)or the twin-barrel, as used on
    coil-sprung vehicles? My twin barrel 32/34DMTL used to ice a bit on a cold,
    damp morning (by UK standards), but that was largely because there was no
    "hot-spot" between the inlet and exhaust manifolds on that particular
    set-up. If you do find you have problems, you might try rigging some ducting
    so that the air filter draws its air in past the exhaust, thus preheating it
    slightly. This proved quite effective on an SU setup I ran for a while.

    Matt Riley
    Defender 90 200Tdi