[lro] Utilikilt

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:52:03 EST

    "Tom Proctor" <t_proctor@advantechinternational.com>

    >> I contemplated buying a utilikilt... Maybe in different circles :)

    >I can see it now - the *Kilt Contingent* at the Middy...

    >Hey Rich, why didn't we do Kilts instead of grill badges?

    BTDT...got the T-shirt. There was a Scottish theme three or four or so
    years ago...even included a single malt tasting with about 25 different
    brands. Someone even brought a 30 year old GlenMorangie.... yum!

    I had originally contacted Glen Morangie about two months ahead as a
    possible sponsor. By the time I got though the various layers of
    distributors, represenatives and whatnot, it was the day before the rally.
    The head of US distribution wanted *to sponsor the entire rallye*!!! Alas,
    it was too late even to ship in a few bottles....

    Fortunately (or not, depending upon your tastes) the caterer couldn't find
    his recepie for haggis....

    Cheers