[lro] Landys on TV

From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice (apg4@pinn.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 10:52:02 EST

    "Rich Williams" <lndrvr1@nwlink.com> wrote:

    >Anyone see War Stories on NBC last night? I counted no less that 4 and
    >maybe 5 different LRs throughout the show. The show it self was pretty poor
    >in my opinion but there was ample footage of the Brimmy Beasts. I guess
    >they made up for the bad acting.
    >
    >1 SIII swb station wagon - blue
    >1 late SIIa swb hard top - orange
    >1 late SIIa swb station wagon - also orange
    >1 SIIb 101 FC in a military capacity

    Sat through it 'cause I had seen numerous Rovers in the teasers beforehand.
     Don't know if the orange 88 was a IIa...in one of the final scenes, the
    protagonists are in front of the vehicle and the grille is the plastic,
    Series III type. Maybe there were two of them?? Can't remember seeing the
    dash on interior shots, but then I know of at least one very late IIa's
    with the III-style dash.

    Cheers