[lro] Ashcroft

From: John M. Baker (jmbaker@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 04:02:05 EST

    Someone asked about the Ashcroft. It is not an OD like the toro or others,
    rather it is a set of three transfer gears and a modified transfer case which
    changes the high range ratio. Low remains the same. I installed one a few
    years back and am very happy with it. I can cruise along at much lower rpms on
    the highway, carry on conversations, hear myself think, etc. I think it
    depends (OD vs. Ashcroft) on how you use or plan to use the vehicle too. From
    what I hear if you are a hard core 4 wheeler the OD has certain advantages,
    but I will let OD owners explain that since I don't know much abou it.
    John
    Bangkok
    1975 SIII 109 2.25 petrol