[lro] how bad did I goof? poured in diesel...

From: Jeff Bieler (mrbieler@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 17:28:38 EST

    In cold drug induced haze at 5AM this morning, I put in a gallon of diesel
    before I realized my error. As I was going to work and need more fuel, I put
    in 10 gallons of gas to top things off. Drove the rest of the way to work no
    problem. I assume that was the last of the unmixed gas already in the
    system.

    On the way home, the truck started rough and ran rough until it warmed up.
    Every time I shifted, I got a puff of grey smoke.

    How bad did I screw up? Should I drain the tank or will I survive the
    tankful? I will check coolant levels when the truck cools (just got in 5
    minutes ago). Could the smoke be diesel related? I'm hoping so.

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    (who is barely surviving pneumonia, but hasn't any sick time to use at
    work...)