Re: [lro] Bellhousing Bolt Pattern

From: MarkoNTL (marko.cosic@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 17:10:38 EST

    Bradley_Harris@aigag.com wrote:
    > This engine is not a stroked or bored out LR 2.5 Tdi. The engine is
    > completely different and I'm not lucky enough for it to bolt straight
    > up to an R380 or something. You will find MWM suppliers in the US but
    > they only have experience with the industrial engines.

    Oh, I'll get me coat! I read 'brazil' in the origional mail and assumed MWM
    were the ones who bought the LR Tdi tooling etc. They started with M and
    were in brazil, producing a LR based 2.8Tdi, no excuse I suppose! ;-) Sorry.

    Pretty serious gearing on the back of that motor isn't it!

    I'd still email MWM direct and ask for a datasheet giving mouting
    dimensions, they'll probably have them; which you can redraw full-scale and
    wave in front of various transmissions to help with the choice.