Re: [lro] Alternators

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 16:47:37 EST

    Just say GM. Either the 10SI or the 12SI (if you feel the
    need of 105 amps) can be made to bolt on with little
    effort, especially if you already have an alternator mount
    on the car.

    Go have a look at the RoverWeb and you'll find an article I
    did on it lo these many years ago.
    http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/Series/FAQ.S.alt_alternators.html

                   ajr
    --- Henry <eore74@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    > Good Afternoon,
    >
    > Just returned from a two week trip with my
    > girlfriend to Copper Canyon
    > Mexico in my old Series III Eore. It looks as though the
    > stock alternator is
    > finally packing it in with all sorts of nasty noises and
    > a flashing charge
    > indicator light. Has anybody had any luck with some of
    > the aftermarket
    > alternators on the market for Series Vehicles - mean
    > green, etc. I run an
    > electric winch when the need arises and was hoping to
    > replace it with
    > something a little more powerful and easier to source in
    > a pinch. Thanks in
    > advance....
    >

    > Henry

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com