Re: [lro] Alternators

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 16:59:47 EST

    >Just say GM. Either the 10SI or the 12SI (if you feel the
    >need of 105 amps) can be made to bolt on with little
    >effort, especially if you already have an alternator mount
    >on the car.
    >
    >Go have a look at the RoverWeb and you'll find an article I
    >did on it lo these many years ago.
    >http://www.fourfold.org/LR_FAQ/Series/FAQ.S.alt_alternators.html

    The only thing wrong with this article is that most 1970 Chevys
    didn't have a 10Si alternator. The exception is the Corvette, which
    got it in 1969, and a very few vehicles which had it as an option.
    It was stock on just about everything from '72 to 82, with the
    exceptions of things that had one of the bigger case alternators.