Re: [lro] Rover needs help - engine seized ???

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 15:53:39 EST

    When I bought my Series IIa, it had been sitting from 1986 to 1999 and still had
    all the fluids in it. When I was enthusiastically climbing around in and on it
    during the inspection process, the seller said, do not press any of the padals
    because the system does not leak. I didn't, because it was still his. Once It
    was mine, I deliberately pressed all of them to blow out all the rotten seals.
    And blow out they did. Great resistance and then no pressure and pools of nasty
    old liquids under and around it. I replaced every brake part that a Land Rover
    has, including the metal lines. Then I had the reassembly fiasco that John
    Cranfield helped with when they would not bleed. Now it is approaching
    perfection. I get it back from Timm Cooper in a few weeks and will report on
    what it is like.
    Kind regards,
    Mark