[lro] tranny input shaft--time sensitive

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 15:00:52 EST

    Hey y'all:
    How much slop should be in this? I am about to put a new (well, you know
    . . ) tranny in Mrs. Merdle and am replacing the synchro right now. I've
    noticed that there's LOTS of slop in the input shaft--it can wiggle side
    to side a good bit. Does this mean that that bearing is shot?
    Pls. answer quickly since I'll obviously not put the bellhousing back on
    this afternoon if I need to replace that bearing.

    yours,
    bill