[lro] Wing access panel (was Boston/NE area...)

From: C. Marin Faure (cmfaure@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 01:46:55 EST

    From: "Alan J. Richer" <mrchurchill109@yahoo.com>
    To: lro@koan.team.net
    Subject: [lro] Boston/NE area - anyone got a junk right SIII wing?

    >Not to
    disparage Marin's approach (it sounds quite handsome in its
    implementation), but the thought of spending $$$$ on
    aircraft-rated components for a Rover wing gives me chills.

    Well, I installed the hatch in 1978 or thereabouts so
    prices were different than today. The Cessna hinge
    I got for nothing from a pile of parts we'd salvaged
    from a wrecked plane, but I think the Citabria latch (it's not
    made by Citabria of course, but by some airplane parts
    supplier) was only about $10 or so. Even at today's prices,
    I suspect a similar latch will still be pretty cheap.

    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88
      1991 Range Rover Vogue SE