[lro] Dzus fasteners (was Boston/NE area...)

From: C. Marin Faure (cmfaure@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 02:03:08 EST

    Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:58:12 -0500
    To: lro@koan.team.net
    From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
    Subject: Re: [lro] Boston/NE area - anyone got a junk right SIII wing?

    >Things like Dzus self-ejecting quarter-turn panel fasteners are used
    by racers, and racer wannabes, for much the same reason that aircraft
    use them. So they're available in non-certified versions, not
    terribly expensively.

    The downside of the Dzus fastener is it's very non-flush "handle." All the
    Dzus fasteners I'm familiar with have a fairly sharp blade that sticks up
    vertically from the surface that you grab and twist with your fingers. It
    wasn't the sort of thing I wanted projecting up on top of my Land Rover
    wing.

    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88