Re: [lro] Boston/NE area - anyone got a junk right SIII wing?

From: Stephen West-Fisher (steve@coastaldatasystems.com)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 13:10:45 EST

    Alan J. Richer wrote:
    > Not to
    > disparage Marin's approach (it sounds quite handsome in its
    > implementation), but the thought of spending $$$$ on
    > aircraft-rated components for a Rover wing gives me chills.

    Might be cheaper than you think. All you need to find is an un-airworthy
    cowl.
    Searching around the 'Net for used aircraft parts might find you
    something quite cheaply.

    It's not necessarily that aircraft parts are better, just that the long
    paper trail makes them much more expensive. The Cessna hinge Marin
    mentioned, and the flush spring button release both of us mentioned are
    also probably available from non-aircraft suppliers. Most parts like
    these were originally made for the automobile industry in the '40s and
    '50s. For example, My understanding is the door release in my Piper is
    the same part as a '54 Ford door release.

    --
    Stephen West-Fisher
    Coastal Data Systems