[lro] Headlights out

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 15:45:33 EST

    Well, I had the instrument panel off my truck (Series III 109 SW) to
    reinstall the speedo and temp/fuel clusters after cleaning them up.

    Now, I've lost my headlights. The side lamps and high beams do work.

    After putting everything back together, my headlights worked but then
    started to flicker off. For a while, I could coax them to work if I played
    with the turn indicator arm which had become somewhat loose. I went in,
    looked around, made sure all connections were firm, and tightened up my turn
    signal assembly. Still no headlights. I guess I'll have to drive with the
    high beams on until I figure this out. Anyone with any ideas?

    I'm waiting until warm weather so that I can really tackle the tangle of
    wires behind my instrument cluster. What a mess! I plan on running the
    instrument cluster wiring thru a large connector so that when I want to
    remove the instrument panel I can just unclip the connector and pull it out.
    Any thoughts on this approach?

    Thanks,

    Paul Schultz
    pschultz@vcmails.com