[lro] Turn signal assembly

From: Paul Schultz (pschultz@vcmails.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 15:52:06 EST

    I was looking at my turn signal assembly. It is the Series III type with the
    horn, turn signal, bright lightss all together. When I make a turn, my turn
    indicator won't self cancel upon completion of the turn. I discovered a
    small raised piece of metal on the steering column. It appears this cancels
    the turn indicator. However, this is located at the 9 o'clock position and I
    had to turn my steering wheel WAY over to get it to cancel the turn signal.
    Is this the right location for this raised metal? If not how do I
    reposition?...remove the steering and rotate?

    Also, my turn signal assembly lost the top plastic "extension" which this
    little piece of metal should strike. It looks like this means getting an
    entirely new assembly. Any alternatives or fixes?

    Thanks,

    Paul Schultz
    pschultz@vcmails.com