Re: [lro] Headlights out

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 2003 - 16:19:27 EST

    --- Paul Schultz <pschultz@vcmails.com> wrote:

    > Well, I had the instrument panel off my truck (Series III
    > 109 SW) to
    > reinstall the speedo and temp/fuel clusters after
    > cleaning them up.
    >
    > Now, I've lost my headlights.

    This is a simple one. First off, you are sure that the
    bulbs are good, right? Spent half a day once working on a
    Honda with no low beams to find out both bulbs had gone
    bad...

    Seriously, though, this isolates the problem to be past the
    high-low beam switch - as that's the common connection in
    the circuit. If playing with the turn signal arm made the
    lights come on, seems to me that removing and cleaning the
    turn signal assembly (with specific attention to the
    high-low beam contacts) or replacing said assemblyt should
    cure it.

    A way to double-check that the problem is there is to take
    the feed to the hi/lo circuit and patch it directly to the
    low-beam side with a jumper wire. If the low beams come on,
    that's your problem.

    Re; Big connector:

    I wouldn't. There are enough potential points of failure -
    and how often do you completely remove a dashboard?

                   ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com