Re: [lro] problem shifting my Series III

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 10:57:39 EST

    > Isn't this only a real problem on a LHD?

    You're absolutely right. Brain fade.

    Actually, i was thinking aobut this a bit this morning,
    specifically with reference to Herr Doctor Cranfield's
    comment that most of these look like bodge jobs.

    Rather than messing about with hinges and the like, I'm
    thinking that it would be much cleaner to simply arrnage
    the panel as a removable item.

    Figure it this way - you put a socket on the bottom of the
    wing and a tenon on the bottom of the panel edge. When you
    need to remove the panel you undo the fasteners (of
    whatever type) at the bulkhead and lift the panel. It then
    disengages from the socket and lifts right out.

    THis way there is no hinge barrel visible, no rivet lines -
    nothing but a nice tight seam. Seems to me that this could
    be done easily with aluminum extrusions from the DIY shop.

             Alan

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com