[lro] Military tank needed & body parts FS

From: K Peter (petermk1973@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 13:19:04 EST

    Hi all, after a few years of life in Japan I have
    returned to my parked 88. It seems to be running as it
    was when I left it - with a leaky tank!!

    Anyway, I've been out of the loop for a few years, so
    I've lost track about parts suppliers.

    I'm wondering if it's worth the shipping to buy
    overseas and which dealers are honest.

    I need to replace my military tank - unless anyone
    knows a place in the US who will repair such a thing.

    I also need a left military fender front panel.

    I also need springs and probably shocks - suggestions?
    I remember hearing some of the US dealers sell second
    quality springs that go flat quickly.

    Do the mean green starter motors make a difference in
    cold weather? I might need to replace mine and was
    thinking about something with more punch if that is
    what it is.

    Also I have a few body parts to get rid of:

    88 IIA blue tub some corrosion $250 obo
    88 rooftop (top only) $50 obo
    IIA bonnett $50 obo

    Anyone know a place in the northeast that will do hot
    dip galvanizing? I want to galvanize my door frames -
    has anyone done that - will they warp?

    Best wishes - Peter Kaskan
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com