Re: [lro] problem shifting my Series III

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 11:18:35 EST

    >--- "Simmons, Scott" <simmonss@uncw.edu> wrote:
    >>
    >> I am having a sudden problem shifting my 1975 Series III
    >> LWB rover.
    >
    >Bleed the clutch hydraulics, and before you do inspect for
    >leakage of brake fluid.
    >
    >It's not unusual for working hydraulics to start leaking
    >when they get cold - I've seen this more than once on my
    >Rovers, before I got into the "shoot them - shoot them all"
    >mentality with hydraulic bits.

    I had a really scary experience driving a friend's Volvo when in
    college. We were in the mountains, and coming down, the brakes
    decided they'd stay and enjoy the view. Really scary -- I was
    wondering where the heck a truck escape lane was for a bit. We got
    down a good ways, and the brakes came back. A day or two later it
    got cold at the elevation we were at, and the brakes got wonky again.
    Light bulbs lit up at this point, and one master cylinder later ( Ah!
    the joys of cars they've heard of at Trak!), the brakes were fine
    even when the temperature dipped below freezing.