RE: [lro] problem shifting my Series III

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 11:09:02 EST

    --- "Simmons, Scott" <simmonss@uncw.edu> wrote:

    > Bleed the clutch hydraulics, eh? I will have to look
    > into how to do that in my Haynes owners workshop manual
    > as I don't know how... The Master Cylinder is leaking a
    > bit - this is related to the problem I suppose.

    If you mean the clutch master it's almost certainly
    related.

    Bleeding the clutch hydraulics is fairly simple. Read the
    manual for the specifics, but all it really entails is
    opening the bleed screw on the slave, pushing the clutch
    pedal down, closing the bleed screw and then letting up the
    clutch pedal. A bit of clear tubing on the bleed nipple to
    direct the fluid to a suitable container serves two
    purposes: to allow you to look for air and letting you
    catch the brake fluid for responsible disposal.

    Keep the reservoir full when you're doing this, else you'll
    just suck air into the system and mess the whole thing up.

    I'm a II/IIa owner - I'm not sure where the bleeder screw
    is on S.III trucks. Anyone?

    > I have a
    > rebuild kit for the master cylinder but have not gotten
    > around to doing this job yet. This is the source of the
    > problem, possibly?

    Could well be. If bleeding fixes the problem temporarily
    that's likely the issue.

            ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com