Re: [lro] IIA Series Battery Configuration

From: Jim Hall (jimfoo@purplemountain.net)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 19:27:02 EST

    I would suggest not using off-road lights and a winch at the same time. The winch
    is probably drawing between 200-400 amps depending on the load, so it needs all the
    current it can get. You will need a huge alternator to keep the winch and anything
    else happy during anything other than short pulls. Don't you have a non-stock
    engine? If so, you should have no problems finding a smaller alt pully or larger
    crank pully. The problems I might expect with higher ouput in a small package is
    heat. Heat kills diodes and regulators. Whatever you do, also make sure your wiring
    will handle the extra output.

    --
    Jim Hall
    1966 88" Elephant Chaser