Re: [lro] What US Defenders?

From: Robert S. Cascaddan (scaddan@pacifier.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 20:24:52 EST

    > (How the heck do you guys manage Stateside with the air bags for
    passengers
    > regs over there, especially with the 110 Defenders that now look like
    being
    > around in present form until 2010?

    We haven't been able to buy a Defender new here in the US for years. The
    110 (Station Wagon only) was only available in 1993 or 1994 I believe. For
    that matter, when the Defenders where available here I the US you could only
    get the V-8, not the TDI as I recall. They were also very expensive. The
    roll cage they came with was great, however. I remember seeing a 90 at the
    dealer once and trying to figure out what caused the minor damage on it.
    There was a scrape on one of the top corners of the Brush Bar. There were
    scrapes on the roll cage where it is outside of the soft top. There was a
    single abrasion through the soft top. There was a dent in one of the sills.
    That was all the damage I could see. Any idea what would have caused such a
    pattern of damage. The only explanation I could come up with was that it
    had been rolled! ...And yet the damage was so minor that many people would
    never notice it.

    Robert S. Cascaddan, MBA
    scaddan@pacifier.com

    The Motorcycle Strategy Page
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/

    Articles:
    "Disruptive Technology = Revolutionary Changes"
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/disruptive.htm

    "Attracting a New Generation of Riders to the Sport of Motorcycling"
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/new_riders.htm