[lro] Re: BK PUB BADGE YIPEE

From: T&S Bennett (apg@bigfoot.com.au)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 10:31:00 EST

    Mea culpa, Lee. Only meant those Disco owners obsessed with keeping the
    shine on their plastic front end 'spoilers', not the guys who use 'em as
    they were meant to be used: out on and off the track, getting 'bloodied
    knuckles' doing their own servicing, retrievals, fixes, and all the regular
    real and inexplicable Land Rover stuff!
    Why, would you believe I saw a couple of Rangies recently out west of
    Tipooburra (up in the arid NW corner of NSW) heading in along the dingo
    fence from the desert. The Range Rovers were kitted for real Outback travel.
    They were traveling well, and sporting a lot of proud dents too. We stopped
    and yarned a while with the drivers who were in tandem convoy on a 14,500km
    round trip from west to east across the continent. Mind you, the Rangies did
    NOT have plastic bits anywhere, and all air bags and anti-skid braking had
    been disconnected.
    (How the heck do you guys manage Stateside with the air bags for passengers
    regs over there, especially with the 110 Defenders that now look like being
    around in present form until 2010? For my money, I think I'd rather have
    side bags only if I'm forced by the legislators and regulators to have 'em
    on a separate chassis 4WD!)

    Happy New Year to you!

    Theodore Ted