[lro] 4WD question

From: NADdMD@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 09:00:38 EST

    Hi all,

    I've been dealing with a driveline clunk for a few months now. It feels like
    something is binding, then KLUNK and the truck moves along again until the
    next clunk. It is intermittent and only in 4wd or immediately after shifting
    to 2wd. It is most notable when there is good traction, and not present when
    there's very bad traction. I was thinking U joints. First, I replaced the
    front propshaft. No change. Then I replaced the rear propshaft again, no
    change.

    Then I measured the front and rear wheels. The front wheels have about 2
    inches more rolling diameter than the rear wheels. Is this enough to bind up
    the front and rear driveline or should I look elsewhere?

    Thanks
    Nate