[lro] Stickers

From: John M. Baker (jmbaker@bkk2.loxinfo.co.th)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2000 - 16:29:29 EST

    I agree with Marin about the stickers, which are real big in this part of the
    world (Thailand). It is not uncommon to see huge trucks and buses with the
    front windshield completely plastered over except for about one square foot
    for use as a viewing hole by the driver. A goodly portion are drunk or on
    amphetemines, so that one sq. foot window probably doesn't make much
    difference to someone with tunnel vision of about 1 sq. inch. The government
    doesn't help things either, with the requirement that tax and insurance
    stickers be placed on the windshield (oops...screen) as well.

    One semi-related thing, which I have never understood, is why some people will
    paste bumper stickers on the painted surfaces of an otherwise nice car. I
    always think about how difficult it will be to take off, and how the paint
    will not match the rest of the car due to sun fade, etc.

    Marin, I am with you on the names thing too. I think I recall you writing that
    the only name you have given a vehicle is POS, which is what I am currently
    calling my LR since I still have adequately resolved it running too rich.

    John
    Bangkok
    SIII 109 2.25 Petrol