Re: [lro] Speaking of "heavy" trucks - Ford IH 6.9L Diesel?

From: christian147@juno.com
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 21:35:23 EST

    J-L, we working on just over 300k on an 84 6.9. work the hell out of it,
    my father has not owned a tool he has not exceeded its design capacity by
    at least 20%. Mostly very good things to say about it. Can expect to
    have to pull the heads between 150 and 200K for valve work or head
    gasket. The rocker arms chew up the valve tips in the 200 to 250K range.
     Injection pumps seem to be suspect after about 110K but some run for
    over 200K with out problem. In short not a DT466 but a very good
    consumer engine.

    Chris Hall