[lro] Speaking of "heavy" trucks - Ford IH 6.9L Diesel?

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 21:12:10 EST

    A lot of you folks have other vehicles, so anyone ever owned one of these
    monsters?

    Specifically the older, pre navistar models, that were found in the mid 80's
    Ford products. I know that this motor has been used in school buses and the
    like so it can't be that awful, any horror stories or weak points?

    I figure if it had a reputation as awful as the Chevrolet 5.7L diesel I
    would have heard about it ;-)

    J-L