ReLabel [lro] OT (sort of): Limited slip diff

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 14:11:01 EST

    On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, NADdMD@aol.com wrote:

    > Just ordered a 1 ton dually 4X4 pickup (Chevy)
    > with the diesel
    > and Allison automatic transmission AND limited slip
    > differential (for towing
    > the horse trailer).

    You are going to love that truck. I spent a couple of weeks
    with a friend's 2002 Duramax/allison 4x4 crew cab, and he
    had to pry my fingers off the steering wheel to get it back.
     The Eaton "locker" (G80 option code)they put in these
    trucks should hold up fine. It is technically a limited
    slip, but it is a pretty firm lockup. Where they get abused
    is on pavement or rock, where too much throttle and perhaps
    application of the brake (power braking) causes them to
    grenade. If you are concerned, put in the Detroit in a
    Detroit EZ locker or a Lockrite. I love the G80 in my 99
    Suburban though - sure wish I had the Duramax.

    Bryan