[lro] Measuring rims

From: Kirk Hillman (hillman88@telus.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 12:15:27 EST

    I was just looking up how to properly measure a rim and came up with an
    interesting tidbit. There doesn't seem to have been any mention of it
    previously. When measuring the bolt circle on a 5 lug rim you DON'T measure
    center to center of two non-adjacent holes. You are acually supposed to
    measure center to back of hole! That isn't very clear so have a look:

    http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

    Surely I am not the only one ignorant about this... (I hope).

    Kirk