[lro] Brake pad installation

From: MIKE SHILLINGFORD (mdshilli@msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 13:03:13 EST

    How does everyone change their brake pads. I am working on the S3 109 front
    ones. I have the backing plates off the vehicle, installed the wheel
    cylinders but now am stuck on how to get the spring and pad installed. The
    Breen Bible says to remove them just pry them out and to install just
    reverse steps 4-1. Well I have tried placing the pad into position then try
    to pull the spring to the post but no luck, way to stiff of spring. I then
    tried to hook the spring on the post then pull the pad back to the point
    where it goes into the cylinder. That almost made it but would not go the
    last 1/4 inch.

    Any suggestions? Special installation tool?

    Thanks
    Mike