[lro] Tyres

From: Garrick Olsen (gbolsen@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 09:52:44 EST

    I've found the perfect tyre: Michelin XZL.
    Beautiful tread pattern, good sidewall protection, and I could proudly
    display my plastic Bibendum dolls!! "there's alot riding on your tires"

    BUT: RN has them at $265- per tyre! not with a rim! I'd think they'd
    include an axle for that cost!

    Is there any way to get them cheaper (not used or retreads)?

    Tirerack doesn't have them, Sears can't get them, and Wal-Mart only gets a
    Michelin passenger tire.

    The old Toyos are my greatest liability now that the motor is rebuilt and
    starts all the time. Tire quality is not that important on a non-runner.

    If I can't find them cheaper, I might try for BFG MT's. They are on the
    GREEN ROVER, for Pete's sake.

    -Rik
    in Minnesota
    1960 SWB SW with Ser III block.