Re: [lro] TD5, etc. (no Series content)

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 11:33:15 EST

    Marin Wrote. Of all the newer Land Rover vehicles I saw on the trip, the one I
    would most like to have was the most popular version in the Dales- a D90 pickup
    with these really nice aluminum canopies over the bed with external bracing
    ribs on the canopy. Very handy looking vehicle,
    that. The same style canopy is used on D110 pickups, too.

    Re: The TD5, I think you had a bad tranny in that Disco. The TD5 is a great
    engine. I am just about to buy a 2002 Defender 110 TD5 Station Wagon. The top
    that you see everywhere in England is called an Ifor Williams top. They look
    like crinkled aluminum foil with ribs over the top. They are made for most
    pick-ups.
    Kind regards.
    Mark Pilkington
    (British)