Re: [lro] What the.....?

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 10:07:14 EST

    --- Solihull@aol.com wrote:

    > In a message dated 12/5/02 5:56:29, Solihull@aol.com
    > writes:
    >
    > << precipitated by the revving in park >>
    >
    > There were service bulletins, back in the day, from ZF,
    > warning not to rev in
    > park or neutral while adding freon or checking emissions,
    > for instance.

    Problem is that the hydraulic pressure didn't bleed down
    behind the clutches once the transmission had been engaged.
    Hence, revving a car that had been in drive and was now in
    park basically caused "accelerated wear" of the clutch
    packs.

    Worst thing is - ZF issued a fix for this a long, long time
    ago and near as I know LR never adopted it - the bastards.

    I have this argument with my emissions testing station
    every time I bring in an RR to be checked.

                  ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com