Re: [lro] no juice

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 08:09:40 EST

    --- brian girasoli <fustogrande@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Alan: the brown wire. Is this the one that goes on the
    > negative clamp? I know that there is a smaller wire
    > there, along with the main wire, because we
    > electrical-taped one in. I will check to see where
    > this goes. It should be on the left side (if you're
    > looking at it from the engine compartment) of the push
    > button, correct?
    >
    > -brian

    Brian - I just looked at the schematic I keep in my office
    (yes, I am a sad git) and there are two brown wires - both
    of which should go to the hot battery cable at the big
    pushbutton. Left side sounds right, but I'd use a meter to
    be sure (the one you want to hook to should have 12 volts
    on it at all times).

    For reference the two brown wires go respectively from the
    lug to the ammeter and to the ignition switch. One powers
    always-on items like headlights, and the other is the feed
    to the switched circuits.

    BTW: if you hit the big pushbutton and the starter doesn't
    crank (don't remember if you mentioned trying this or not)
    then your problem is upstream - a bad battery cable or the
    like.

            ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com