Re: [lro] Biodiesel

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 04:26:05 EST

    David writes: >>>There were a fair number of producer gas vehicles around
    during WWII.
    > There were great shortages of gasoline, particularly in areas
    > occupied by Germany. The Germans didn't have enough gasoline for
    > their own use, let alone for the silly occupied civvies. If you look
    > at pictures of Paris taxis, they have a wood stove in the trunk iwth
    > the exhaust hooked up to the intake of the petrol engine.<<<

    in the UK as well, but we mostly used coal gas in a big bag on the roof of
    the car. Apparently all the petrol was needed for our American friends to
    fill up their Zippos :-)
    Of course cars had far simpler engines in those days.

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank