Re: [lro] IIA clutch withdrawal mechanism

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 14:25:06 EST

    >--- David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net> wrote:
    >

    >> I'll content
    >> myself with welding the holes and redrilling round holes,
    >> then.
    >
    >Actually, Dave - I ended up reaming mine a skosh oversize
    >and using slightly oversize pins. Worked a treat on Miss J.

    That might be easier. Depends on if I can find suitable pins, I
    guess. 5/16 is the next common size, and that seems kind of big.
    Guess I'll mic them and see how big the holes are now.

    > > That's what I've been doing. Think I need a smaller
    >> magnet.
    >
    >May well be. The one I use has a very small magnet which is
    >fairly powerful - this helps.

    Magnet on a stick, Mk II, took longer to take out of the package
    than to retrieve the clevis pin. I think that was worth five bucks,
    eh?