[lro] fuel pump followup

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:37:10 EST

    Popped a new fuel pump on OZF the other night (Ok, fiddled and swore a bit).
    The old fuel pump was a non-rebuildable AC unit without the sediment bowl -
    I replaced it with a similar (non AC) spare unit I have kept in the seat box
    for a few years. Fuel stays in fuel line, starting muuuuuch happier. It
    also feels like there is more low-end grunt, but that could be wishful
    thinking. FWIW, if I blocked the inlet on the old pump and primed it, the
    low pressure in the pump would rapidly equalize - bad valves, tear in
    diaphram, whatever.

    Thanks to all for the help and thoughts

    Todd Schlemmer

    Once upon a time:

    > Should a fuel pump act as a one-way valve to prevent the back flow of fuel
    > in line to the carb?
    >
    > After sitting for a length of time, OZF has no fuel visible in the filter.
    > I replaced the element last night, expecting to spill gas all over the
    > place, but there was nothing in the line after the filter. All lines from
    > pump happy, good shape, no leaks.

    blah blah blah