Re: [lro] IIA clutch withdrawal mechanism

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 10:09:04 EST

    > > Mine is oval
    >> -- actually two oval sections, at right angles to each
    >> other.
    >
    >Sounds right to me. THis gives lateral slop adjustment if
    >the bits aren't exactly lined up (and they never are).

    Good. The parts catalog drawing is of a round tube, and I wasn't
    sure I hadn't found another odd thing the POs have done. There are
    lots of those, and I'm sure I've not found them all. I'll content
    myself with welding the holes and redrilling round holes, then.

    > > how the heck do I get the pin I dropped into the
    >> bellhousing
    >> out?
    >
    >Ow....
    >
    >I'd go fishing with a magnet on a stick, if I were you....

    That's what I've been doing. Think I need a smaller magnet.

    >Can you see the little bastard?

    Two guesses...