Re: [lro] electric winch mount

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 19:22:32 EST

    On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, "Kirk Hillman" wrote:

    >...My Warn M8000 is mounted with the base in the vertical
    > position, such that there is no shear on the mounting
    > bolts.

    Gee, that's exactly what I was trying get across, but the
    words just wouldn't come to me. That's exactly the thing I
    want to get away from. In addition to the shearing force on
    the winch mounting bolts, there's a certain amount of
    forward twisting force that I think would be better
    distributed if the winch was mounted vertically.

    Thanks - Bryan