Re: [lro] electric winch mount

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 19:10:46 EST

    On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, "Peter Hope" wrote:

    > I personally think the second method is the best way,
    > structurally.

    Thanks Pete, that seemed the most reasonable to me too. I
    think the 4 bumper bolts should hold to, as I have yanked
    the truck around pretty extensively with just one or the
    other tow point when I didn't have the winch on the front.
    It's hard to see how the winch could pull the fron of the
    frame horns off when it didn't have leverage i.e when it's
    pulling through the bumper.

    I haven't got the winch in the mail yet, so I doubt I'll be
    ready by Friday. If it shows up tomorrow or the next day,
    I'll give you a shout.

    Bryan