[lro] Help on Paint.

From: Jason Pitcher (jpitcher@sperryak.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 11:18:56 EST

    O Wise ones,
    I'm having tremendous difficulty sourcing paint for my old beast. I'm English, living in Houston, so I don't know my way around that well. I used "Tekloid" that I got from a LR dealer in the U.K. when I lived there, but I can't find anywhere that has something similar. Atlantic British and many other parts houses don't sell it due to federal shipping regulations, and I'm about to go nuts tring to find it locally.

    What I'm looking for is a brush on paint, Bronze Green, that has a good finish. I'm not about to get carried away spraying, I just want to brush it on. I came across a recommendation for Sterling LP, but I can't find the paint company, www.sterlingpaint.com doesn't work.

    Does anyone know where I can buy a gallon of Bronze green paint, either locally (houston) or someone who will ship it, that I can brush on?

    Thanks

    Jason
    Series IIa, 1970, SWB in need of a lick of paint.

    [demime 0.98e lite $Revision: 1.8 $ removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]