[lro] RE:Howling noise when driving

From: Jason Pitcher (jpitcher@sperryak.com)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 11:10:22 EST

    Toni,

    Depending on the temperature, this could be frozen grease. I work on the north slope and we often drive truck that have a very irritating howl at around those speeds, caused by frozen grease in the drive train. We drive them into the shop and let them warm up, this cures it for a while.

    Just one possible cause.

    Regards

    Jason

    SIIa swb

    >accute problem is the loud howling noise I hear when travelling about 28-43
    >mph. Nothing below or over. Though I am not sure if the sound is speed or revs
    >dependent.

    [demime 0.98e lite $Revision: 1.8 $ removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]