Re: [lro] Uneven pad wear

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 13:03:34 EST

    I somehow remember that stainless steel pistons are a
    big aftermarket modification for the RR disc calipers.
     Recall seeing these SS pistons quite prominently
    displayed in ads from a number of RR parts suppliers.
    Could that be because the stock pistons are steel,
    rust up and seize??

    Interesting that the Brit's have made so much progress
    in building maintenance into their systems. My 1960
    MGA had to have the front disc rotors rebuilt every
    year after the winter salt rusted them up and caused
    them to seize. Would go through a set of pads in a
    month without the rebuild. Ain't tradition and a
    stiff upper lip wonderful.

    Aloha
    Peter O.